Pesach L’Plitim Education Series
Join us for five educational sessions* that will bring together Israelis, refugees and asylum seekers to learn about refugee issues, share exodus narratives, and discuss moral and philosophical topics including freedom and justice.
The educational series will be conducted in English.
The topics discussed will include:
- Overview of Conflicts in Sudan and Eritrea (Including Personal Stories)
- Comparative Conceptions of Freedom and Exodus Narratives
- The Theory behind Genocide Law and its Implications within Israel
- The Roles and Rights of the Outsider in Jewish and Political Thought
When: The following Thursdays: 31 March, 14 April, 5 May, 12 May, and 19 May
Time: 7:30-9:30 pm
Where: BINA (Yesod HaMa'ala 61, Tel Aviv-Yafo, 66055), one block from the main Levinsky Street exit of New Central Bus Station and Mesila
Presenters will include professors, activists, Talmudic scholars, and leaders of the asylum seeker community.
For more information and registration, please contact Anna Rose Siegel at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This series will supplement a Seder event for Israelis and refugees, which will take place on Thursday, 7 April and a Pesach Fundraising Campaign. Check the website for regular updates on these two events.